- Philippe Nigro
- Philippe Nigro – side tables
- Japan, 2017
- natural akita cedar, tray lacquered in urushi
- 1 leg 7⅞ dia. x 13⅞ h in.
- 2 legs 15¾ w x 7⅞ d x 13⅞ h in.
- 3 legs 15¾ w x 14⅝ d x 13⅞ h in.
- 4 legs 15¾ w x 15¾ d x 13⅞ h in.
pieces from the urushi/wrappa collection
the urushi technique is lacquering and polishing pre-seasoned and preprocessed wood
wrappa is a traditional wood processing technique that is over 400 years old. the process of molding wood includes dipping pieces of wood in hot water to allow bending; still wet, they are fastened by means of cherry tree bark